Wednesday 18 September 2013

E Q U I L I B R I U M



How many of us liked Christian Bale before 'Batman Begins' ? Frankly it took some time for me to digest Mr.Bale to be the 'Dark Knight' ! But he conquered a place wherein now Batman for me is actually Christian Bale and no one can portray that more commendably than he himself ! Like Michael C Hall as 'Dexter'.. !!!

Now as far as this movie 'Equilibrium' I wanted to enjoy some shear action with a engaging screenplay with our beloved Christian Bale's screen presence !! Now that Mr.Bale is away after all the Batman trilogy I really wanted to watch this movie as to find out -- Is He someone who was getting himself prepared for 'Batman' or Mr.Christopher Nolan chose him, as Mr.Bale kind of displaying those hard and humble traits!.. I personally felt this guy had all those in him.. Absolutely there is no doubt about his effort.. But the point i want to make is that He is natural.. as well as, a lead role in a CN's epic attempt is not a joke !!! 

If I compare Matrix with this movie... Then it would sound very cliche. But i feel this has been made with the inspiration of Matrix. If the producers are offended by this statement then my answer would be - "Gentlemen you should have visually presented this in a new canvas so that i would have not mentioned what i just mentioned !" ( At least the dressing and the role over gun fights reminds me of something ! and the CG was far more superior in the Matrix ) !




Having said that this movie offers a lot of suspense which for me is the ticket to the game ! It kind of kept me guessing what's the next move and always proved me wrong which I loved the most. Kudos to the screenwriters !

There are couple of scenes which deserves mentioning -

1. Saving the dog episode - followed by the BLOODY exhibition of Gun Kata skills which inadvertently makes you say ' That's what I wanted.' You really cant help that 'Aawwww' moment when you see the puppy in the screen making that difference in emotion for the protagonist !




2. Polygraph episode in the underground.. the dialogue is so twined with the pain which was needed for the meat of the screen, A real litmus test !

BGM was not THE best.. But it was definitely not spoiling ! I sort of disappointed with the cinematography. Because considering the scope provided by the story line.. A new approach towards making would have elevated this to the elite league of.. you know what i mean right.. yeahh 'The Inception' benchmark..!

The story is clear.. No flaw / disconnect in logic of flow.. The twists by the closure makes it almost there ! But I will not recommend this as a 'MUST WATCH MOVIE BEFORE YOU DIE'. But, definitely it will not disappoint you if you are en-route London from Chennai and you have nothing to do in your flight. Then this will definitely kill some of your time with ease !

This one is not a mach winner but for sure an effective participant !

"...I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." 

P.S  I still don't get the logic of how an organisation which opposes the artifacts from the past is decorated with a huge sculpture of a man lifting our mother earth ! #Doubt#

Try for yourself and let me know ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment